Sunday, March 14, 2010

March is Crafter's Month

Well its crafters month and I was invited by a friend to participate in an online fair at her network and I agreed. The Crafter's event will take place Tuesday and Thursday from 6 to 9pmCST and 9 to 11pmCST respectively.

You see I design hand made greeting cards..my hobby to relieve the stress...but it has turned into a neat little business for me.... Here is my album with the latest cards http://s822.photobucket.com/albums/zz148/rtgifts/

HOW DID I START
I used to admire my deceased sister's ability to design cards hand.
You see she suffered with rheumatoid arthritis which eventually cripled her body but not her artistic ability. Her hands could barely open but that did not stop her from turning out beautiful paintings or cards (she presented Prince Edward of England with a painting entitled 'The beauty and splendour of Trinidad and Tobago' in 1995.

Months before she died, she told me to get back in touch with my creative side, that was 7 years ago. Howver I did not until last year August. The first project I did was a card for my niece, which she loved and then I designed a demo book for my cello in a box business.

My older sister asked me why I did not start designing cards...well I thought about it for two months, did a few and she tooked them to her office and her coworkers just loved them.
Since then I have sold over 75 cards, but it is still a hobby of mine!

I get my inspiration from 'all things beautiful'. Every morning I look at the birds, flowers and mountains which were made by God.

All of my cards are one of a kind. No design is repeated!

I have just partnered with a writer, Crystal Kauffman, founder of the Laugh at Cancer Organisation. She is a dear friend of mine and we both donate 10% of our earnings to the Organisation.

Keep following this blog or check our site www.msfroggiesgifts.com for the latest cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment