Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Why not a bridal shower tea party?

Its June, the month for weddings and of course bridal showers.

Looking for a different theme for a bridal shower why not try a tea party especially if the bride collects tea accessories or loves teas.

What will definitely liven it up will be a tea tasting session and you can incorporate a game whereby the guests are asked to correctly identify the taste or maybe one or two ingredients of 3 different teas. The winner can be presented with a teacup and a few bags of the teas which were tasted( which will make a great story at the next bridal teaparty they attend, which leads to the next fun thing you can do)

Another fun thing  (I found this one on a previous issue of Better Homes and Gardens)
 is have everyone bring their favourite teacup and tell the cup's story. I remember my boss having this mug with some words which are too delicate for you to read here and the story was just as 'uhhum' delicate as the words. I had a good laugh with her though.

But, teacups do tell stories as I have a really delicate china teacup and saucer from my last permanent job, from a friend who was like a mother to me. I still cherish it after two years (- as my freedom cup- free from stress, from a defined paycheck, from certain persons who do not know 'how to think outside of the box' )and I will always remember it was her who would lift my spirits when I was down and give me useful advice when tact was needed for certain situations.

Now lets get back to the bridal shower tea party! For table decor try a collectible teaset or maybe an all-in-one teapot, which can be presented to the bride to commemorate the day! You can add several flavours of teas that she can try. Making it a special treat for her.


Whatever you decide to do for the bridal shower, ensure that its fun, memorable and filled with lots of joy.

For more information on this topic you can contact me at rtgifts@forgiftsnthings.biz or if you like this idea and wish to purchase sample teabags, tea accessories and sweet and savoury desserts join me at teaporia. For gift wrapping for your tokens come with me to celloinabox 'spring cellobration' where you can enjoy free shipping on bridal shower themed bags this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment